[STACKING THE SHELVES] my pre-sembreak book haul

Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted at Tynga’s Reviews.

Sooooo this post is more like my comeback + update post! :D

The semester just ended and I’m crossing my fingers for a great outcome (Dean’s Lister please >_<). After those tiring and sleepless weeks, I’ve decided that I’ll dedicate my three-week vacation to enjoying myself – reading + watching anime! First off, here’s my book haul!

Cinder + Scarlet. AND you can all say FINALLY! Yes, finally I have my copy of Cinder and Scarlet. I’ll definitely read them later on this year. I won’t be getting Cress anytime soon since I’ll be getting it in paperback (yes, I’m a bit OC… I NEED my books in the same edition).
The Dark Side of Nowhere. I got this on an unexpected book sale and I feel really great after grabbing another Shusterman book :)
Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares. I’ve been eyeing this book ever since I saw it in goodreads and I’m really glad to finally get this. I got this along with the Dark Side of Nowhere.
The Young Elites. Paperback copy because I can’t find the hardcover one && I don’t really have so much money lately… but either way, I am so glad to get it the moment it came out… at exactly Oct7 here in the Philippines! XD that was totally unexpected (and I was actually looking for another book when I saw this).
A Thousand Pieces of You. Soooo this was another book I’ve been meaning to grab. I was expecting this on November and seeing it this early really pumped me up. I can’t wait to read this soon along with the Young Elites! AND I bought this because I was thinking of going to Claudia Gray’s book signing :3 Who’s going? :D

*             *             *

I did say that I have three weeks to kill before the next semester. SO I decided to list down books I’ll read and anime I’ll watch for the break. My target read is at least five (5) books and hopefully be able to finish at least five (5) anime as well. SOOOOO here’s my list!

- B O O K -

Three (3) physical books + three (3) ebooks for review :) Not the best books I have right now but I really want to finish off books I’ve had for a while now~

- A N I M E -

All of which are on my backlog. I listed six but my target is five but I’m really hoping I can finish more than what I have here~ Hopefully I’ll be able to write some reviews as well (it’s been so long since I wrote my last anime review I’m pretty sure my anime review style will change after all the book reviews I’ve written). On a final note: I plan to post my weekly anime marathon starting this coming week :)

*             *             *
Recent Read.
The Girl Who Came Back to Life by Craig Staufenberg. I just finished this today. It was a very nice and quick read. Review to come up soon :)
Current Read.
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I enjoyed Divergent… but for some reasons I’m not exactly enjoying Insurgent. There seems just something a bit off for me in here…  
Next Read.
Dead Girl Walking by Ruth Silver. Another Ruth Silver book. I didn’t fully enjoyed Orenda which was the first book I read from her. I’m crossing my fingers I’ll like this one :)
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray. I have been itching to read this one along side with the Young Elites but that one can wait for a bit later… I wanted to read this immediately just because I’m planning to go on Claudia Gray’s book signing on Saturday :3


follow links:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...