Recommendation Post: heartwarming romance series for Valentine's Day.

Yano x Nana-chan from Bokura ga Ita

I've been meaning to write a Valentine's post earlier but I've been busy with life and finishing Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi.

Typical post is typical. I decided to write some recommended romance series since it is Valentine's Day(: Instead of picking out typical shoujo series with a bishounen guy making a girl helplessly crazy about him, I decided to choose series which I personally like for the romance itself not for the bishounen guy. LOL.

Kimi ni Todoke
I've called Kimi ni Todoke my fave romance series in my Top 10 Anime series post almost a year back and that fact still hasn't change since. Both the anime series and live action made me really like the Kazehaya and Sawako pairing - definitely one of my fave pairs out there. The first season of Kimi ni Todoke is really good lighthearted romance series with two main characters I'll never get tired of. Kazehaya is still my fave bishounen guy out there because his shyness around Kuronuma is just so cute - both in the anime and live action (damn Miura Haruma just played the part perfectly *fangirl moment*).

Ano Natsu de Matteru
AnoNatsu is one of my fave series for 2012 because of its mixed up romance. My first impression on the series can be read here along with its story. The characters and mixed up adolescent romance partially reminded me of AnoHana which became a good boost for the series although AnoHana is mostly drama than romance. Aside from the fun romance, AnoNatsu also incorporated some sci-fi elements which made the series more enjoyable to watch. The opening and concluding episodes were really great and made some real mark on me - with more emphasis on the concluding episode.

Bokura ga Ita
I've talked about Bokura ga Ita almost a month back when I was re-watching it which can be read here. Unlike Kimi ni Todoke and other conventional shoujo-romance series out there, Bokura ga Ita focused on maintaining a relationship instead of going into it. There were a number of times I'd get pissed off at Nana-chan's and Yano's decision throughout the series but it's probably one of the reasons why I got attached to the series. The emotionally strong Nana-chan and the emotionally weak Yano is one of the anime pairings I'll never forget. The drama this series went through is pretty nice (in my opinion) although pretty annoying at times. But one of my friends said that this is a series worth watching if you're up for some seriously dramatic romance series and I guess I can agree to that. Bokura ga Ita's ending particularly left a mark to me because it was dramatic and left open.
For those who doesn’t know, Bokura ga Ita has a movie live action adaptation which is divided into 2 parts. The first part covered the anime series while the second part is about what happened after that dramatic conclusion. The best things I can say about the movie is that the first part never felt rush and the second part despite having that rush feeling was able to incorporate some good dramatic parts which became its strongest point - most especially the ending(: Both anime and live action is definitely worth seeing :D On a side note: the screencap above is from the live action movie of Bokura ga Ita(:

Hotarubi no Mori e
Hotarubi no Mori e is one of the simplest anime that was able to leave a mark to me. It's a 44mins movie with a simple plot about a girl meeting a spirit from the forest who is not allowed to have any physical contact with a human. They see each other every summer and become closer each year. It's a really beautiful series that gives off a warm feeling due to its characters, the emotions they project and the art which is originally by the artist of the well loved series Natsume Yuujinchou, Midorikawa Yuki. It's a wonderful series that shows the growth of love through time. The ending is really beautiful and made me tear up a little(:

Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi
I just finished watching Uta Koi today and it's a series I never expected myself to like. I initially thought it'll be boring since it's historical and about the 100poets but the first episode instantly captured me.
I think that UtaKoi is an underappreciated series due to its nature being historical. With each episode being an interpretation of a poem or two from the Hyakuninisshu, watching the story behind each of them turned out interesting. The romance story behind most of the poems are beautiful and are presented in a fun way. Uta Koi is certainly not everyone's cup of tea due to its genre and art but it does have its own charm for those who can appreciate its historical romance, comic-relief lines, traditional looking art and poems that gives off beautiful images(:

~I was actually thinking of adding a couple more series but  since both series aren't entirely focused on romance, I decided to drop it. I don't have much time writing now anyway :)) and it's already past Valentine's. LOL.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...