Yamada-kun to Nana-nin no Majo (live-action): First Impression


It's not everyday (or every season) that I'll find something that would fit my taste in jdrama.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo is a manga adaptation from Yoshikawa Miki's manga of the same title. Yoshikawa-sensei is best known (I think. LOL) for her earlier manga which also had a live-action adaptation namely Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. Since I've seen YanMega, I expect Yamada-kun to have the same comedy-sensei and I think that I wasn't mistaken on that part based on the first episode.

Shiraishi Urara (Nishiuchi Mariya) is the top student of their school. Yamada Ryu (Yamamoto Yusuke) is the school's delinquent and (probably) the most stupid guy in their school. In an accidental kiss, they swapped bodies. Throughout the swap, Yamada gets to know that Shiraishi was bullied but at the same time Miyamura Toranosuke (Ide Takuya) finds out about the swap. Through Miyamura, Yamada and Shiraishi were invited to join the Paranormal Phenomenon Club and together they found out about the 7 Witches. -- and that's basically what went on with the first episode.


Anyway, as an introductory episode I personally don't think that it has opened up enough things about the story in general but the second episode had done pretty nice job in continuing what has been started. The overall enjoyment of the first two episodes is definitely good most especially to those who likes comedy series. The comedy, which is its central genre (IMO), was done quite well and is a good reminiscent of Yoshikawa-sensei's earlier series, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. SO if you're fan of YanMega, I'm thinking that you'll enjoy this too.

Acting wise, both Nishiuchi and Yamamoto perfectly fit their respective roles as well as their swapped roles. I've never seen Nishiuchi before in any other dramas (since I've never really seen a lot) but I'm definitely going to take my time and watch a couple of her previous series (Switch Girl!!). Her  composed character is nicely shown and her overly-delinquent attitude as Yamada-kun is quite funny (most especially the bathroom scene. lol). Yamamoto, on the other hand, has done a great job no less. I've seen him in both styles of characters, Tamaki in Ouran High School Host Club and Kayashima Taiki in Hana Kimi. HIs facial reactions are as priceless as ever :))



Yamada-kun came in contrast with the other jdrama I'm currently watching weekly - LIMIT. Yankee-kun is generally something that works nicely to be adapted to live-action but I believe that it would also work nicely for anime :3 But in an overall impression on this drama, I'd say that it's worth the time particularly to those who enjoys jdrama-comedy ('cause damn, episode2 is so much fun to watch. soo much funny kissing moments. lol).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...