[WEEKLY MUSING] Setting My TBR List

some books from my vacation tbr list

Hello,

SO, I'm having a month long vacation from university. Would have been 3weeks long but great thanks to the APEC Integration Meeting that's happening on November, 2nd semester starts a week delayed.

Anyway, I was talking to my young sister and I decided, together with her, that I tackle my huge TBR list! In my usual productive reading month, I read around 10 books. This time around I'd like to go around more than that. I hope to read around 20 books (which is really going overboard) but I set my challenge to 15 books :) at least 15 BOOKS IN 4WEEKS!! Not my usual number of reads but I really hope that I can do this..

making a TBR list is always such a delight!
I have to admit that I always set up my month TBR list (if you bother to check out my monthly roundup, I always post there my monthly tbr list) and I also have to admit that I barely follow them. Sometimes I pick up a book out of no where just because I feel like reading it. I'm a really moody reader. 


I honestly think I'm generally just having fun in making my tbr list. I love checking out books I have. I usually like to put books I have for so long at the top of my list but I don't really read them - Allegiant and Girl of Nightmares made my list several times and yeah, they're still there... on my tbr shelf. I don't even know if I'll read them since I didn't enjoy their prequels so much. ugh.


{ MY TBR LIST }
This list can definitely change somewhere along the line. I'm such a moody reader so sometimes it can just depend on my mood. But either way, I picked these books based on what I think I'm excited to read right now and what I think I should read already. I decided to mixed genres. I also picked up 5 of each from my physical books, kindle ebooks, and review copies. This way, I can really tackle everything (almost) equally.

PHYSICAL BOOKS.
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho. Gifted to me by a friend. Paulo Coelho isn't my usual read but she gave me the premise and it kind of piqued my interest :) and she kind of stresses the idea of this book being inspirational in a sense - sooooo, yeah... kind of my type then..
Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie. uhhhh because I LOVE AGATHA CHRISTIE? Okay, I've only read three books but I'm really hooked. I might end up searching bookstores for her books. They're quite difficult to find locally, by the way -__- 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I'm not a high fantasy read but ohgod, I've read nothing but great things about this series (okay, I've read two or three people who were not hooked to this one, but no harm trying, right?).
The Good Girls by Sarah Shepard. I read The Perfectionist a couple of months back and I can't believe myself for setting this aside for so long. I NEED to find out how this thing ends. This is the end, right? It's a duology, right?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. The premise reminded me of Red Rising and that's not good.. also, I've read mixed reviews one this and I remember others saying this being a disappointing read if you've read and liked Red Rising. now what? @__@

EBOOKS + REVIEW COPIES.

Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen | Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin | The Institute by Kayla Howarth | The Blemished by Sarah Dalton | Whispers in Autumn by Trisha Leigh | Return Once More by Trisha Leigh | Need by Joelle Charbonneau | Nirvana by J.R. Stewart | Killer Jam by Karen MacInerney | Time to Die by Caroline Mitchell


*             *             *

How about you guys, do you make a list of the books you're about to read for the week or month, etc? Do you ever follow them? If you don't, did you ever consider doing so?


let's connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...