Sometimes it makes me wonder, who remembers every anime they've seen?


200 anime TV series completed and counting :3 Honestly speaking, I was surprised when I noticed it but what I'd also like to talk about this time is the idea of remembering every series I've seen.

I'm probably a slow watcher because of this number. While most seasonal anime viewers out there have seen around 400 to 500 series, my 200 anime series is certainly small. I've been following seasonal anime series for around three short years and when I started my MAL account, all I can think of was my jealousy of seeing people have that 100th, 500th, 1000th anime completed. ohgod, they must have been constantly watching anime since their childhood and now they're like 30 or something to have seen that much @_@ just kidding. Or not? But seriously 1000 anime is too much.

Here're some fun stuff after reaching my 200th series.
>> Yu Yu Hakusho - the first anime series I think I completely watched. I've seen more stuff but I don't remember finishing them such as Flame of Recca, Ranma 1/2, Dragon Ball and many more classic series.
>> Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - my 50th completed series.
>> Brave 10 - my 100th completed series.
>> Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - my 150th completed series.
>> Hataraku Maou-sama! - my 200th completed series.
>> Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters - the longest anime series I've completed. Only 224 episodes though.
>> My Top 5 most watched anime production companies: J.C. Staff (18), SUNRISE (17), Kyoto Animation (12), A-1 Pictures (11) && Brains Base (10), Production I.G (10).
>> Month & Year which I've completed the most series: July 2011 (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Deadman Wonderland, Baccano!, Hidan no Aria, GOSICK., Hoshizora e Kakaru no Hashi, DOG DAYS, A Channel, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge, K-ON!!, Yosuga no Sora, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, Oretachi no Tsubasa wa Nai) - 15 series.

Aside from babbling about my 200 completed anime series, I'd also like to talk about remembering series I've seen - how much I remember them, how much details I can remember, how much characters and cast I can remember, what scenes/moments/episodes/arcs I can remember, and whatever else worth remembering from an anime series.

If you remember everything you've seen, I'll commend you on that since I don't remember everything I have seen. There's only a small fraction of anime which I can clearly remember almost everything, every character, almost every episode and details. Although there are times that I'd want to re-watch stuff to re-call them but then most of the times I just don't because I'm pretty lazy. Most of the series that get stuck in my head are basically those that I really, really like (duh!) and those that actually made an impact to me. Some of these series are Angel Beats! (which I've seen for like 10 times already), Yakitate!! Japan (which I've only seen 2 times but I can recall a lot of things from it. My fave part of the series has got to be the Monaco Cup arc. Pierrot + Azuma Kazuma + Kawachi Kyousuke = EPIC :3), Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (which was my fave series and is my fave childhood series. The only thing I can't remember clearly is the Kaiba Grand Prix arc. Stupid useless filler arc -_-), Bakuman. (I've also read the manga and seen S1 and S2 around 2 to 3 times. I remember a number of striking quotes by Takagi, drama scenes as well as Yoshida and Hiramaru's comic relief moments), and Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (which I've seen around 2 or 3 times. I remember things quite well but not to the extent of battle details. Maybe I can say that I can recall the flow of the story ^_^).

While there are stuff I can remember well, there are also series which are quite blurry to me. Particularly, I just remember the gist of the show and some important and impacting characters and scenes. Some of these are: DOG DAYS (Cinque gets sucked into another world. There's a war going on between Biscotti and the Cat Nation - I forgot what they were called), School Days (and all I can recall from this shit is how much of an ass Makoto is, how much of a bitch the short-haired girl is and how stupid the huge-tits girl is, the cultural festival >:] and most especially THAT EPIC ENDING EPISODE), GOSICK. (it's a beautiful series so I'd like to re-watch this. I can remember the first few episodes as well as the concluding episode, and a few in between), and Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (all I can recall is that there are 3 main characters as they occupy one body. There's a morning, afternoon and evening guy. And this series has too much panty shots and it's kind of funny how they tried to make sense at the end. hahaha).

Finally, there're series which I can barely remember other than its title, particular casts and characters, genre and its art. This definitely shows how little interest I had in these series that I didn't remember so much about them. Some of these series are Mayoi Neko Overrun! (all I can remember is that there's a cake shop or something and a girl with actual nekomimi), Hoshizora e Kakaru no Hashi (okay, I honestly can't recall this series but I do remember this having a festival-thing where the main character and his leading heroine re-enacts something), Zombie-Loan (this one's a shounen-battle series. Akatsuki and the other main guy are dead and they're working for some organization to repay their debt for being kept alive or something. Then they met the heroine 'cause they saved her from something then she became like them. Did I got it right? I can't even remember how this ended -_-), and MM! (this is a rom-com and the main guy is voiced by FukuJun and he's supposed to be an M. There's a twintail heroine and an Androphobic heroine. They beat the hell out of him every episode. End of story. Honestly those are the only things I remember about this series).

The series I wrote in here are those that I've seen a couple of more years ago. Stuff I've seen for the past year (around 2012) is definitely quite fresh in my mind which will definitely defeat the point of my post(: I also didn't took a peek on MAL so if there're incorrect stuff in my series explanations, those are just some things I can remember. I might have thought of another series if they are completely wrong.


MY POINT IN THIS POST is that remembering every single anime I've seen is extremely impossible. I'm pretty sure that most people are on the same boat as me. The only anime that we'll probably remember years from now are those that truly amazed, awed, moved and/or affected us personally.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...