[WEEKEND READS] Stars Above + Winter (i wish)

next read!!
Hello,

Nothing new about the week for me - busy with school shiz, getting better at procrastinating and greatly improved my ability to poorly manage my time. Yup, my life.

Anyway, this week, I went crazy on NetGalley and ended up downloading several books (maybe around 5 books or something). I've resisted for so long and I cannot believe myself for giving in. I won't request for the next few months to try and clean my list up. Ugh. Also yesterday, I finally got my hands on Marissa Meyer's Stars Above. Unfortunately though I still don't have Winter.

Redeem (the Caelian Cycle #2.5) | Donnielle Tyner
This novella was good and it did made me understand Kian more. Unfortunately though, there's still no connection between him and me. I hope that certain elements of this novella will be fused well into the final book of the series :)
Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1) | Megan Crewe
I really like the concept of time travelling aliens. The historical parts weren't that great though but the whole explanations about the world - the aliens and their connection to Earthlings were really interesting. There's a hint of romance and the ending was meh. It felt forced or what. Review will be up soon.



Nine Stories | J.D. Salinger
Yup, I'm still reading this. Sorry I suck.. It's like 9 short stories and 200 pages all in all and it's been two weeks. What's wrong with me? It's because it's not my usual read so I'm taking my sweet time. 
How (Not) to Find a Boyfriend | Allyson Valentine
I can't seem to find the motivation to read this because of what I've read so far in the past week. I honestly haven't gone far since last week. While I still don't have plans to drop it, I just want to read a more interesting book alongside with this just because this is bloodydamn boring. But I'll do that when I'm done with Nine Stories.
The Smell of Other People's Houses | Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
I've only read a chapter so yeah. I like historical fiction though - generally that's why I picked this book up. I really hope I'll enjoy it :)

Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) | Elise Kova
Yes, it's still this book. For some reasons, I keep on delaying this. Definitely soon. Ugh.
UnDivided (Unwind #4) | Neal Shusterman
I posted my review on Unsouled yesterday and it really felt like a book meant to prepare readers for this exciting conclusion! While I'm already reading two physical books, I'll still get this on board just because I cannot wait!!

Charlotte | P.A. Works
It's been so long since I watched anime (and it sucks that I haven't finished that series yet but I'll get to that soon) and it felt so good to just laugh things off. This original anime crafted by Jun Maeda, the maker of Angel Beats! and CLANNAD is one of my fave anime writers!! I love how he plainly combines drama and comedy together :)



*             *             *

How about you guys, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?

Are you watching any anime? What have you recently finished? What are you watching right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to watch next?


let's connect!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...