[WEEKLY MUSING] when I'm not reading...

live in the moment
Hello,

It's quite apparent that I've been (once again) busy - with thesis, projects, unexpected obligations as university organization officer and such. This past week has been a whirlwind of crazy events and I'm so glad that even though it's finally our pre-finals week, I'll get that lay-low moment from everything.

After the crazy events in Friday that really stressed the hell out of me and my friends, I decided to de-stress by doing things I love. While it did include reading, I'd love to talk about in this post, the things I love to do aside from reading.

anime
I started the Blacksheep Project because I LOVE anime. I used to watch it every single day not missing an episode of several airing shows. But as I shifted majors, I had to put it off and really focus. Actually, I ended up just holding back on it so that I can do more things which involves getting A+ grades for my subjects which is really worth it, in my opinion. 

While that may be the case for me then, I'm going back to watching anime, little by little. Currently, I'm watching the anime Charlotte which is produced by P.A. Works and created by Jun Maeda :D I'm hoping to get around writing a review for it.

calligraphy/lettering
This is my number one thing I do to de-stress. It's really relaxing. I usually listen to music then write striking words just to relax myself or get motivated to work seriously on homeworks and projects. Plainly listening just doesn't always help.

Shamefully, I'm not good but I enjoy doing it... Soooo, I'd still do it everyday and hope that one day I'll get better :)


painting
This is one of the things I've always wanted to do. I've always been scared to try it though I don't know why. I was able to do a few paintings last semester but they were really bad and I was plainly using poster colors.. so yeah, they suck.

A couple of weeks ago, I started doing brush calligraphy using watercolor and I'm really enjoying it. I guess you can partly call it painting. But yesterday, I tried combining the two which ended up to the work-in-progress posted above. So far, I'm liking it. It's not perfect, but I like it :) 

If you're interested to see more of my works, you can always drop by my instagram account. Also, is anyone interested for a print copy of my work once it's finish? (for PH readers only though). OR maybe a digital copy for print for INT readers? :)


*on a side note, pardon me for being inactive this past week, as I said, I've been caught up with so many things. I'll try to watch up with things this coming week :)

*             *             *

How about you guys, aside from reading, what else do you enjoy doing in your spare time? 


let's connect!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...