[WEEKLY MUSING] Fave 2015 Reads

some of my fave reads
Hello,

I'm obviously late for the party. Everyone else have posted their fave lists. But better late than then never, yeah?

2015 was a great and crazy year (kind of feels that I describe everything the same way.. ugh). I'm so glad to have tried and several new authors and series yet disappointedly finished only a couple or so. Turns out, it's 2015 when I started reading the Lunar Chronicles and Throne of Glass which I both fell in love with. I started a few series such as The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer which I'd love to continue but still can't seem to do so for various reasons.

Fave General Fiction / Mystery
Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1) | Beate Boeker
My fave cozy mystery read for 2015. I LOVE the crazy characters, the romance, and the heroine. This is also of the books that kept me reading late in the early ours of morning. I hate myself for still not picking up the rest of the series but I'd certainly do that this year :)
And Then There Were None | Agatha Christie
This is the Agatha Christie novel that prompt me to read more of her books. This has a really intriguing mystery and a really interesting psychological warfare. I love how each characters' reason for being in the island is established.
The Girl on the Train | Paula Hawkins
An fast-paced intriguing mystery that kept me reading and reading. I really like how everything completely made sense at the end - how each characters were tied together; how well it was written.
Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) | Robert Galbraith
One of the books I'm anticipating for 2015 and IT.DID.NOT.DISAPPOINT. I LOVE the thrilling mystery. I LOVE the relationship development between Robin and Strike and how things were really getting all bumpy. I like how there was a POV of the killer - one of my fave parts of the novel.
The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry | Gabrielle Zevin
One of those really beautiful novels I read and will never forget. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry made me both smile and cry so hard. It's one of those few novels whose characters I became so attached to. And it's not the mystery nor the romance that made me love this novel - it's A.J. Fikry himself and his life.


Fave Young Adult Scifi/Fantasy
Golden Son (Red Rising #2) | Pierce Brown
I don't know if I should place this under adult or young adult but what I'm sure of is that it's on my fave reads. Red Rising is the book whose political aspect I really, really love and Golden Son further made me fall in love with it. The betrayal, choosing of sides, and plainly all the internal and external battles made me really love this book. And Mustang and Darrow's relationship!! And Sevro!!
Cinder (the Lunar Chronicles #1) +  Cress (the Lunar Chronicles #3) | Marissa Meyer
I LOVE THIS SERIES! I LOVE MANY OF THE CHARACTERS!! I LOVE THE ROMANCE!!! The Lunar Chronicles is this series that even though it has a strike of being predictable, it still exciting. I still haven't read Winter but that will come. I'll read it as soon as I get my hands on it.
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) + Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) | Sarah J. Maas
My feelings for the Throne of Glass series is kind of similar to my feelings for  the Lunar Chronicles - I love many aspects of the book. The romance is definitely one of my highlights!! I also love the fact that it's a fantasy novel that gradually lets you into its world. It's really great for those like me who aren't completely fond of fantasies.


Fave Young Adult Contemporary/Romance
All the Bright Places | Jennifer Niven
It's the relationship between Violet and Finch that I really love. What strike me most in here is the latter part - it was really moving in a really good way. I'd really love to reread this one of these days.
P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) | Jenny Han
This is my first Jenny Han series. I LOVE the romance between Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean.. I like how this series actually seem so predictable and cliche and yet it still kept me reading. This series really made me want to read more books by Jenny Han.
Sugar | Deirdre Riordan Hall
One of those really beautiful reads and something I highly recommend everyone to read. It's a heartbreaking and inspirational story that really kept me up all night. Sugar is one of my fave heroines and her relationship with Even is one of the best things I've ever read! The development of their relationship and how it ended simply made me cry.
The Catastrophic History of You and Me | Jess Rothenberg
This book was plainly cute and sweet and funny. The ending, the twist, was so cute it made me smile and go 'awwww.' I also like the whole afterlife concept of this book and how both amusing and moving the storytelling is.
Since You've Been Gone | Morgan Matson
I really just fell in love with this book. At first, I wasn't sure if it's something for me because it kind of sounds like a chick-lit book. And I kind of want to stay away from those kind of books but when I finished this, I just can't stop thinking about Emily, our similarities, the list, and Frank Porter!! I should definitely reread this one of these days :)



*             *             *

How about you guys, what are your fave 2015 reads? Do we have anything in common?



let's connect!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...