Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!: acting like you're from another dimension is cool!


One thing's for sure, out of the 4 new series I've seen so far, this has got to be my favorite. The OP scene, the comedy, the main character, the beautiful art and animation, and this episode itself as whole was very entertaining.

Prior to watching this show, I have no idea what the heck 'chuunibyou' is. Is that  Well it was clearly explained in the OP scene and I'd say that it's just kids trying to be someone out of the fantasy world (in this case, that is. Click on the link for further reading). Actually it reminded me of Kobato from Haganai and Touwa Erio from Denpa. LOL. After getting that knowledge, I just knew that this series will be fun.

This OP episode had clearly shown where this series will revolve - the relationship between Takanashi Rikka (Uchida Maaya) and Togashi Yuuta (Fukuyama Jun). One still living the in her delusion of having a Wicked Eye and the other used to call himself Dark Flame Master and live in his own fancy little world with his Dark Flame Dragon (LOL) orr whatever he called it.


Funny how Yuuta wanted to live a 'normal' life in high school and forget all about his fancy character as Dark Flame Master; and suddenly Rikka has taken a liking on him (not in a romantic way. yet.) because she heard him talking about himself being a Dark Flame Master. She probably just wanted to have someone to play with. HAHA. That's what Yuuta gets for screaming his past life without knowing if someone can really hear him or not.

I guess KyoAni is really a company that lives up to its name. The art and animation is really outstanding. Although I personally think that Hyouka is still better with regards to this department :3 Music is very good and makes me wish for a copy of the soundtrack when it comes out. This is practically the first time that I fell in love with the BGMs with a somehow lively feel to it since my type of BGM/soundtrack is usually the piano pieces or those slow calming sounds.


With how this OP episode went, I believe that Chunnibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! will be a pretty interesting series this season. I'm pretty sure that there'll be a harem build up for Yuuta, his secret self might get revealed in school, and romantic relationship between him and Rikka (???). Anyway, this series is definitely a must to watch! :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...