Shingeki no Kyojin 18: you know something big is going to happen soon...

my reaction while watching this episode!

Shingeki no Kyojin sure knows how to keep everyone always at the edge of their seats.

Looking back, it seems that my last post on Shingeki no Kyojin was for episode10 but I never really fail to watch this one weekly because until now, I guess I can say that it's certainly one of my fave currently airs shows. Shingeki no Kyojin's suspense is really over the top, in my opinion, that despite the few ridiculous things they have done, I can always just forgive them and let myself move on along with the story. Now let me go through some thoughts with the episode and the current arc in general(:

The previous episode, the beginning of the expedition arc turned out more exciting than I expected. I'd say that Shingeki no Kyojin is typically a series who'd go highs and lows in terms of excitement. But it's honestly well balanced. It started off with an over the top first episode (in my opinion), followed by an almost-boring training episodes, rose itself again with that thrilling return of the colossal titan in the Defense of Trost arc, and finally relaxed itself from action during the Prelude to the Counterattack arc before this expedition arc.

This episode is as thrilling as before most especially with the two interesting questions still my mind - the intelligent female titan and Commander Erwin's real intention in the expedition.

gotta be extra careful whenever you face this sexy titan. and somehow it makes me wonder if it's...

Notice that Armin's getting a lot of screen time these past two episodes (and I personally like it that way. I'm secretly a fan of Armin - well now it's no secret. LOL) and I personally would like to know what's going on in his mind. He was probably the first one to notice that the female sexy ass titan was intelligent and he has this idea that for some reasons it might be after Eren. It makes me wonder if Armin was right about Commander Erwin's plans of capturing the female titan… does that mean that he's already aware of its existence? In fact it makes me wonder of commander Erwin in general because of the fact the his people were actually questioning his real intentions for the expedition that despite their great loses, he's still pushing through with whatever his personal plan is.

Now the battle scenes in this episode is definitely as epic as ever. Gotta admire that. It's got the similar intensity as the Defense of Trost arc but I guess I can say that this one is a bit more exciting because of the fact that they're against an intelligent titan who's aware of her weakness and kills them just to kill them. Damn she's brutal! Even the elite troupes are panicking at what to do. It seems that even Captain Levi has no idea what is going on (or does he? -_-) - what the real plan is and why they are still pursuing whatever Erwin's plan is despite their great loses. But damn when she came near Captain Levi's team, it's like all his show of courage was gone, remained silent for the rest of the episode and finally fires a gun which I never seemed to do anything base on the preview.

On a side note, did anyone notice that they reuse the titans from a previous episode (particularly from the Defense of Trost arc) -- check this out (found this in facebook while browsing)...

In an overall look on how Shingeki no Kyojin is going, I'd say that it's going very well as I hoped it would. As I have mentioned before in a post, I wouldn't care so much in whatever stupid stunts they pull (such as the titan vs titan) here as long as they do it well through those breathtaking actions and still give a pretty reasonable flow of story :3
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...