SEPTEMBER BOOKHAUL (aka THE BOOKFAIR MONTH HAUL)

Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho | Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King | Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen | 1984 by George Orwell | Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs | Hollow City by Ransom Riggs | Afterworlds by Scott Westfeld | The Art of Whimsical Lettering by Joanne Sharpe | Drawing Manga: People and Poses by Ryo Hirata | Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Mass | Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas | Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas | The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie | A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall | Guardian by Alex London | Mosquitoland by David Arnold | Pop Manga by Camilla D'Errico and Stephen W. Martin (not included in photo)

Rehabilitation by C.B. Stone | The Institute by Kayla Howarth | The Mind Readers by Lori Brighton
Hello,

So yeah, this is my largest book haul yet. I don't buy so much books each month but since it's the month of Manila International Book Fair (MIBF), I just had to splurge. Take note that I don't always do this. I don't spend thousands of pesos to buy books in one day. I honestly find it quite crazy (which is why I only buy one or two books a week).

{ FOR REVIEW }
 
Believarexic by J.J. Johnson | Divided by Sharon M. Johnston | Bread of the Dead by Ann Myers | Shadows by Paula Weston

*             *             *

As expected, because of this large haul, I've placed myself (yet again) in a book buying ban. I'll only buy three books until the end of the year: Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling), Winter by Marissa Meyer, and The Rose Society by Marie Lu.

While I'm being tempted each time visit the bookstore since the end of the book fair (since the nearest bookstore just had a huge discount up to 50% off @__@), I'm doing pretty well. Haven't spent a single money on a book since I bought Pop Manga. Today was really crazy though since Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo just came out and I really, really want it. Thankfully I was able to resist it. Aside from Six of Crows, I just saw Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson. I've been hoping to get that one as well but my mind was like: You're in a buying ban. I. will. not. buy. this. beautiful. interesting. historical fiction. book. NOOOOOOOOO. And I won. Yes, I did not buy it although I am mentally crying as I step out of the bookstore. And before I go, I held the book dearly and said, I promise that I'll buy you next year. Don't leave me. Don't let other people buy you, touch you, or harm you in any way. Yes, I sound crazy :)

ICYM, I'm currently having my first giveaway. It'll have three winners: one will get a copy of Red Rising by Pierce Brown, and two winners will get two pre-loved books. 

giveaway link here!

*             *             *
Recent Read.
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. Loved it! Really cute and fun read. I love Emily!
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Suspenseful. The storytelling is very intriguing.
Current Read.
Beastly Bones by William Ritter. Paranormal Mystery. Jackaby = priceless. HA! I'm shipping Rook and Charlie :D
Fairest by Marissa Meyer. Nothing interesting yet (I'm just a few pages up) although Levana sounds different :P
Next Read.
Bread of the Dead by Ann Myers. Cozy mystery. Food.
The Earth is Singing by Vanessa Curtis. Really hoping to have the motivation to read this again.



let's connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...