MAY BOOK HAUL (aka almost bought nothing haul)


Hello,

It's not every month I'll have the ability to stop myself from visiting a bookstore and practically grab everything. I'm really proud of myself this month. May had sooooo many good releases and I really want to grab a book each time a visit. Luckily, I only grabbed one (really just need to get this one because this isn't something I always see in local bookstores). It's Dead Wake by Erik Larson. It's a non-fiction novel about the sinking of the RMS Lusitania. I've come to really LOVE history which is why I am more than willing to read even non-fictions just to learn more. Don't you ever get that feeling?

Anyway, I got The Cure for Dreaming through a twitter giveaway hosted by Renu from The Page Turner (Thanks again, Renu!!). I've only read one book by Cat Winters - In the Shadow of Blackbirds and I really liked it. Here's hoping I'll enjoy this one as well :)

Aside from the good buying-restriction month, I was able to review a good amount of Netgalley books. My reading pace isn't that fast but I honestly think I'm getting faster (OR it could just be because I mostly reading lately). Despite the change in my reading pace, my blogging pace is still not very good which I'm hoping to change little by little.

My Book Haul title is basically true. I have a ton of ebooks but they're all FREE (as always) or won form giveaways or from author subscriptions. I bought a few of them with the use of Amazon GC which I got from giveaways which means I brought out no money. HA! I'm not really one to spend money on ebooks. It just is't me. I like my books physical but I grab every free ebook I can get (ebooks I'm willing to read of course, lol).

Kingdom From Ashes by Megan Linski | Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair | Shearwater by D.S. Murphy | The Ending Element: Calista by Lorraine Koh | The Halfling by H.D. Gordon | The Fate by Stephanie Erickson | The Reaper by Stephanie Erickson | Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe | The Amber Project by J.N. Chaney | The Night Series Collection by R.S. Black | The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton | Shooting Stars by H.D. Gordon | Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon | Joe by H.D. Gordon | The Company Store by H.D. Gordon | Awash in Talent by Jessica Knauss | The Writer by D.W. Ulsterman | Don't Turn Around by Caroline Mitchell | The Silent Twin by Caroline Mitchell | When Night Comes by Dan Walsh

{ FOR REVIEW }
The Curse of the Bruel Coven by Sabrina Ramoth | Gifted by J.A. George | The Masterpiecers by Olivia Wildenstein | The Good Kind of Bad by Rita Brassington | Caught Bread Handed by Ellie Alexander

*             *             *

June is fast approaching and this means I'll be back to uni soon. It's going to be more hectic for me because of thesis but I'll do my best. I really, really want to get ahead of my post so that I won't have to think so much about living my blog for a few days because of school works. Wish me luck at scheduling posts!!

*             *             *

How about you guys, what books did you get this month? How many of them have you read? How was your month? :)


let's connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...