[STACKING THE SHELVES] (Belated) Merry Christmas && (Advance) Happy New Year!


Hello,

First off, I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I spent mine with my family. It was simple and great. We exchanged gifts and for me, the gifts were just a bit unexpected (especially the gift from my parents).

Night Film. I’ve been keeping my eyes out for this book ever since I saw it nominated for best horror (or something like that) goodreads award. It sounds so intriguing. My friend also read it and she really, really loved it!
Life of Pi.
Not my usual read. It’s actually a Christmas gift from a friend.
The Beach.
Another Christmas gift from the same friend although this sounds more like what I’ll probably read.
The Catastrophic History of You and Me.
Christmas gift from my sister. This sounds like a really pretty story :)

{ F O R  R E V I E W }

Manga Classics: The Scarlet Letter. Just me being interested in manga and wanting to read more classics (because classics kind of bore me so reading them in a format that I truly enjoy will definitely motivate me to read more).

*             *             *

With 2015 just around the corner, I’ve finally decided on some 2015 challenges I’d like to do:

goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge (GOAL: 70 BOOKS). I initially listed 50 books this 2014 but I immediately went pass it so increased it to 70. So I’ll probably stick to that number.

2015TBR

2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge (GOAL: 20 BOOKS, A Friendly Hug). I always promise myself I’ll read a certain book on my TBR shelf but whenever I buy a new book which I’m totally excited about, I always set aside my promise. So this is definitely a nice way for me to start reading books from my TBR shelf (and literally, I have a TBR shelf. LOL). 
Initial List (I’m listing 10 BOOKS): (1) A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray; (2) Cinder and (3) Scarlet by Marissa Meyer; (4) The Eye of Minds by James Dashner; (5) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake; (6) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey; (7) The Perfectionist by Sara Shepard; (8) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell; (9) Fateful by Claudia Gray; and (10) The Dark Side of Nowhere by Neal Shusterman


2015 Series Enders Reading Challenge (GOAL: 5 BOOKS). I start a lot of series and finish only a few. With this challenge, I’ll probably finish a nice amount. I’m setting a goal of five but hopefully I’ll be able to finish more than that :)

Aside from these reading challenges, I'm hoping to finish off around 20 anime series from my backlog. I'm crossing my fingers that I can do it (I literally haven't been able to watch any anime of the past 3months, hopefully this personal challenge will help me go back to anime)

*             *             *
Recent Read.
My Little Monster vols1-3 by Robico. I really enjoyed this. I’m definitely completing the entire series! :) Reviews are coming up soon (vol1 is scheduled for tomorrow).
Current Read.

Monster High 3 by Lisi Harrison. Still my current read. I’m definitely in a slump.
The Vines by Christopher Rice. Thriller. Horror. I can kind of imagine this as a movie. Really one of those clichéd movies with weird things going on like oversized insects or too aggressive animals (but this one deals with plants, really mysterious plant or flower).
(still my) Next Read.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
Meet Your Baker by Ellie Alexander. Book tour coming up on January. My crime fiction interest is just increasing. And I seriously just need to read more of the genre.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...