WEEKEND READS | Mystery-a-thon anyone?

Agatha Christie is QUEEN.
Hello,

As usual, I've been out. Procrastinating. It's the first time I opened my laptop since I posted my rant-astic review of Into the Light. I haven't commented on anyone's blog since. But I will. You guys wait on that. I have things to do tomorrow like majorly editing out thesis and and layouting posters for events.

ALSO, I'm starting a lettering project tomorrow. It's really personal. I want to discipline myself in regularly practicing and trying out different styles. SO tomorrow on my instagram account, I'm going to post one song title a day. I want to introduce the songs I listen to and the bands and artists I love to everyone while practicing my lettering. I'm still suuuuuuuper NOT GOOD but I hope you see some improvements as days go by. I'm also adding the #100DaysofSongTitlesLettering hashtag at the of each post because basically that's what I'll try to accomplish :)

On other things, I'm hoping to participate on Ely @ Tea & Titles's mystery-a-thon just because I LOVE mystery. I'm sure you guys know how much I love mystery may it be YA mystery or cozy mystery or historical mystery or mystery thriller or crime fiction. As long as there's (good) mystery (and good writing) I'm IN!
Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1) | Rae Carson
I enjoyed Walk on Earth a Stranger but I didn't love it. Don't hate me, please. It's basically one of my most anticipated reads of 2015. And as I said I enjoyed it. I LIKE a lot of the book's historical aspect -- how the other basically explored the time period. BUT the book as a whole didn't made me feel so much. I basically just read the ups and downs of Leah's adventure to California. It was good but it wasn't exciting or magical or emotional for me. I like how her relationship with all the people she traveled with developed though :)
Into the Light (Into the Dark #2) | Caroline T. Patti
This book was a disaster for me. Admittedly there were good things which I pointed out at the end of my review. Read my thoughts here!!

Healing Maddie Brees | Rebecca Brewster Stevenson
This is not my usual read. I accidentally clicked it from a newsletter that was sent to me by a publisher. It led me to a NetGalley invite. So I'm like... why not? So far, it's a reallllly slow read for me. It's about Maddie. She found out she has Breast Cancer. She underwent Mastectomy. And with where I am right now she's going through Chemotherapy. NOW Maddie had an ex-boyfriend who can 'heal' people. She told his story to her husband, Frank. Frank sees Maddie struggling with the Chemotheraphy. SO he tries to find Vincent, Maddie's ex-boyfriend in hopes of healing Maddie. 
I think this is a story about having faith (there's religion Catholicism) and hoping and fighting (against a sickness that's very overwhelming and difficult to fight). The writing is in third-person, and there's a WHOLE LOT of narration. Get ready for that.
--This book goes on sale on September 13th. If you like what you've known so far, grab it: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

Sleeping Giants (Themis Files #1) | Sylvain Neuvel
If I DO NOT push through with the mystery-a-thon, I'm going with this book... I've read SOOOOO many good things about it. And Joy @ Joyousreads's review complete sold me. If I do go through with the mystery-a-thon which I am most likely to do, I'm going to pick up:
The Seven Dials Mystery (Superintendent Battle #2) | Agatha Christie
I think picking up an Agatha Christie book during the myster-a-thon week is perfect. And I found out that Agatha Christie's birthday is on the 15th (same as my cousin :D) so bonus points for Christie readers as Ely said on the post :)
At Risk | S.G. Redling
For a mystery ebook read (because I'm basically a multiple book reader :P

*             *             *

How about you friends, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?


let's connect!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...