|Takagi and Kaya watching SKET Dance.|
Each season there're always a new set of anime made by different producers; came from different manga, light novel, game or visual novel; have different genre and a lot more… Sometimes we choose specific set of anime but most of the times we try most of them. Personally, I choose a lot of series every season but don't watch all of them at the same time but I do watch everything my time can handle(: I set priority series so depending on my reasons for watching them.
~yeah, I said I'll be on hiatus but I also said that I might work on some posts although they won't be episodic posts. For some random notes, I just opened a twitter account and facebook page. I would really appreciate it if you guys would follow and like them(:
ANYWAY, the point of this post is to just share my criteria of choosing the anime I watch in general. Well probably 'criteria' isn't entirely the right word to use but rather these are the things I consider in choosing the anime I watch. I'll cite some anime that I watched based on those 'criteria' and one anime may fall on multiple criteria. Now, here I go:
In my case, I always try to read the synopsis even though I've ready established to myself that I'll go watch the anime due to other more reasons. Although in most cases, the synopsis would actually catch my attention which makes it the number one reason why I'll go watch the anime. In most cases, series that I watch due to the synopsis turns out pretty good :D
Here're some anime that caught my attention through the synopsis:
- Bakuman. - anime about making manga = EPIC!
- Ben-to - why is fighting over a half-priced bento such a big deal? Is it because it's half-priced?
- Ao no Exorcist - Satan has a son and his son is raised by an exorcist? Now his son wants to become an exorcist and fight him? Oh the irony of life! o.O
- Kokoro Connect - body swapping arcs = EPIC comedy. An anime about body swapping? Count me in! :D
|Mamo-chan as Fushimi in K|
The voice actors that always catches my attention and will always land a sure watch for me has got to be Miyano Mamoru, Sawashiro Miyuki and Okamoto Nobuhiko. Although a huge cast with a set of familiar and amazing voice actors will also land my watch list.
Here're some anime that caught my attention through the cast:
- DOG DAYS, ZETMAN and Uta no Prince-sama 1000% - because Miyano Mamoru's a main character and there's no way I'll let that pass.
- Arcana Famiglia - seeing familiar and pretty good voice actors in the cast made me want to watch this + the reverse-harem idea. The VAs that caught my attention are: Fukuyama Jun, Yoshino Toshiyuki, Sugita Tomokazu, Nakamura Yuuichi.
- K - the cast is really amazing. The last time I saw a cast list as amazing as this was in DURARARA!! (but of course it wasn't really the reason why I watched DRRR).
|TARI TARI's beutiful visuals.|
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - the PV looks so great. Thriller and Horror atmosphere. AND I saw this series when I was at my peak of liking Another.
- TARI TARI - yes, that PV also convinced me. Damn you PV! LOL. The character designs reminded me of HanaIro immediately and the animation and background art is just so beautiful I can't help but watch.
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - the promotional poster's character designs definitely caught my attention. Seriously. From there, I checked out the synopsis, genre, cast and the production company.
|solving the mystery.|
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - quoting myself, Although I haven't really watched a lot, I actually like the mecha x military genre. I've written this in my Summer 2012 watch list.
- Hyouka - quoting myself (again), Mystery is one of my fave genre. This has pushed me into watching Hyouka. Mystery. The synopsis said that the kotenbu will be investigating the mystery that happened years ago and this will include the kotenbu's anthologies. Hmmm… School mystery anyone? :D
- Hiiro no Kakera - you know I'm a girl. It's very typical for me to look for a reverse-harem series and look what I found. An Otome-based anime :3
|Baccano!, a must to watch.|
- Little Busters! - I'm not letting the hype get to me. The real reason I'm watching Little Busters! this Fall Season is because of the company and the people behind this VN - Key and Maeda Jun.
- TARI TARI - yes I did mentioned this before but as I have said, one anime may fall on multiple criteria. Another main reason why I was so sure that I'll like this series was because of the production company handling it - P.A. Works.
- Baccano! - I guess watching Baccano! was more of on the creator's side. Since I watched DURARARA!! first, seeing another work by the same author (Narita Ryohgo) pushed me into trying this one out as well.
- Tiger & Bunny - Super heroes. Pshh. No, I'm not a fan of them. But hey, a number of people has been fussing around about how good this is but this review has surely convinced me to try it out.
- Kuroko no Basuke - sports = major no for me. But after reading through Rei's impression as well as Guardian Enzo's impression, I just have to check it out :D
- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal - the main reason I decided to watch these two is because it's a spin-off of my fave anime back then at elementary which is Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.
- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? OF THE DEAD - I certainly disliked how the original series ended but that doesn't mean that I hated the series. This is more like me wanting to give the series a chance to redeem itself after I got pissed off with the last episode and the first episode of the OVA.
Source: Manga, Game, VN, LN, Original
|amazing actions on shounen series.|
- Manga: I personally think that manga is a good source of action and battle series. I think that series that are based on manga most especially shounen series such as BTOOOM!, Gintama and HUNTER x HUNTER have pretty good action and battle scenes Although the main problem about manga adaptation is when a series has a limited number of episodes which usually happens on non-shounen series but is not limited to it. Some rushed series are: Sakamichi no Apollon, Deadman Wonderland and Ao no Exorcist.
- Game/Visual Novel (VN): I think that I haven't really seen much series under genre but I can't really comment much on this since I don't really play so much games (Japanese games in particular). Pointing out a series, Persona 4: the ANIMATION was a pretty interesting game turned anime series. It was looked forward to by fans and the overall feel of it was pretty nice. As for VN-based series, I don't really know much about them but some series that are based on them are Uta no Prince-sama 1000%, Hiiro no Kakera and Little Busters! which I am not really a fan of.
- Light Novel (LN): what I noticed about LN-based series is how dialogues tend to be very interesting and how much they are more character-driven compared to manga-based series. Some good example of this are: DURARARA!!, Baccano! and Hyouka.
- Original: what's interesting about original series is that the creators/staff have a freewill in doing what they want in the series. Original series' advantage is that the flow and development of both the story and characters can be well executed because the staff isn't following an established story.
|SUMMER2012's most anticipated series.|
Similarity to another series
- Dantalian no Shoka - seeing Dalian, the series' setting and the genre of mystery instantly made me think of GOSICK which obviously led me to watching this series.
- Tsuritama - for seasonal anime series viewers, remember the time when high school boys/male slice of life was a trend (but yeah, if you watch Tsuritama, it won't totally be slice of life)? FALL2011's Kimi to Boku --> WINTER2012's Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou --> SPRING 2012's Kimi to Boku. 2 and this, Tsuritama. Ahh~ I want another male slice of life series.
How about you readers, do you have any specific reasons for choosing series to watch? OR do you basically just watch everything that is offered each season and filter then out based on the first episodes? :)