Seiyuu Appreciation: it's the genius-perverted-highschool-alien!


Following up my first seiyuu appreciation post a week back, the next voice actor I decided to write about is Okamoto Nobuhiko.

To those who have been reading my blog back then, it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Okamoto. I think that Okamoto Nobuhiko is best known for his role as Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu no Index and Usui Takumi from Kaichou wa Maid-sama!.

I haven't seen Index so I'm going to talk about my fave Okamoto voices. Naming my fave Okamoto character voices, I'll go with Kaichou wa Maid-sama!'s perverted alien, Usui Takumi and  Bakuman.'s genius highschool student mangaka, Niizuma Eiji.

Similar to Kamiya Hiroshi, Okamoto has also voiced a wide range of characters. What particularly captured me in Okamoto's voicing was his strange onomatopoeia in Niizuma. Niizuma is one of those characters that can both be childish and mature at times. And his childish personality while writing manga is one of his strongest point for being remembered.


What also surprised me back then was knowing that the guy who voiced Niizuma was also the one who voiced one of my fave bishounen characters - Usui Takumi from Kaichou wa Maid-sama!. Although Usui can be strange at times, it's still surprising to know that the guy shouting 'CROW!' all the time was the same guy.

Other interesting Okamoto voices/characters: Kido Kenji (Guilty Crown), Mizuki (Kamisama Hajimemashita), Kisa Shouta (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi).

Okamoto's greatest strength for me is his cheerful character voices in Niizuma and Mizuki although his bishounen voices such as Usui and Io also works well :3 Similar to Kamiya-san, he's also one of my fave voice actors and I'd definitely watch an anime if I see him in the cast. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...