-blacksheep's Top 3 Anime for Winter2012


Spring 2012 anime season just started and I'm really excited for all the new shows. As for Winter 2012 anime season which just ended, I have mixed emotions on the series that I just finished. Not that I've finished a lot.

For this list, I'm including all airing series that ended in the Winter season, before this Spring season starts. The anime that I've finished this past season are: Nisemonogatari, Another, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Lives of High School Boys), Brave10, Bakuman S2, Chihayafuru, Inu x Boku SS and Ano Natsu de Matteru.

Okay, sorry for only finishing a few series. I've been very busy this past season since I'm already taking my majors in college. I've placed Area no Kishi, Guilty Crown, Kill Me Baby, Mirai Nikki, Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Persona 4: the Animation, Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle, Recorder to Randoseru and Senki Zesshou Symphogear on-hold. The rest of the series that I planned to watched last season never had the right time to be watched.

Now here's my list:

[3] Another


I decided to blog Another last season because of how much I love horror and mystery. The opening episode certainly did not disappoint. In fact, it became very intriguing and Another did not only stop there. Each episode came very good though there were a couple that became pretty boring but the other episodes immediately make up for those. Though honestly this was my number one bet as my top anime for this season but the concluding episode somehow disappointed me. Character-wise, Another had a huge cast because it features the entire class-3 of 1998. BUT then, Another basically focuses on a couple of characters which they tried their best to build up - Misaki Mei (Takamori Natsumi) and Sakakibara Kouichi (Abe Atsushi). Anyway, Another's strength has got to be its outstanding eerie atmosphere and art which greatly complement each other - credits to the amazing P.A. Works :D But looking at Another overall, it's a really great horror-mystery anime. It's very much recommended for those who likes to think and wants horror at the same time.

[2] Ano Natsu de Matteru


I was really glad that I decide to catch up to this series. Ano Natsu de Matteru came in more interesting than I was expecting it to be. Ano Natsu's greatest point? The romance. Yes, I really love how mixed up their love triangle is as I explained in my first impression post. Both opening and concluding episodes are good and very well made. The last episode made me tear up because of how much it moved me. Flashbacks always catches me o(>x<)o Character-wise, I love all of them and they were all developed quite well. My fave are Ishigaki Tetsurou (Ogihara Hideki) and Yamano Remon (Tamura Yukari) :D As for the art and animation, being under J.C. Staff, there's no doubt that I'll be bias and say that I love it. The background art and the character designs are really good and go well with each other. Overall, Ano Natsu became a very great series and definitely a must to watch. I like it how much it reminded me of last year's Ano Hana which is a pure drama anime which did not only tear me up but made me cry a bucket of tears.

[1] Bakuman 2


Another J.C. Staff anime :D Bakuman aired last Fall 2011 season and ended this season which is why I decided to include it here. Bakuman is such an important anime for me since it had touched me personally and I really love how much this anime moves me. This is the only series that makes me cry because of happiness. It's not all about manga if all of those who haven't watch this think of it that way though it does have its good bits of techinical manga knowledge but what I really love about Bakuman is that it's all about reaching dreams and never giving up despite the difficulties. Bakuman 2 had been a very great sequel. It's one of the few great sequels I've watched so far and I love how much the pacing and the atmosphere had improved. The art, animation and music are as outstanding as ever. Character-wise, I still love the good combination of Ashirogi Mutou as well as the introduction of the new characters which greatly stirred the story of this season. Overall, Bakuman 2 is a really outstanding sequel. I wouldn't say it's a must to watch because there might be people out there who'd get bored out with all the manga-geekiness but if you want some inspiring story, this could be pretty good for you :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...