[REVIEW] P.S. I Still Love You

Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2
Author:
Jenny Han
Genre:
 young adult, contemporary, romance, realistic fiction, chick lit, 
Published:
 May 26, 2015
Publisher:
 Simon & Shuster

Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter.
They were just pretending. Until they weren't. And now Lara Jean has to learn what it's like to be in a real relationship and not just a make-believe one. 
But when another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean's feelings for him suddenly returns too. 
Can a girl be in love with two boys at once? 
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Lara Jean is about to find out that falling in love is the easy part. 

*             *             *

I really LOVED To All The Boys I've Loved Before. It's quite expected. It doesn't really offer anything new. It's very cliche. BUT it seems that Jenny Han really knows her away around this type of books. She knows how to present ALL these things we already expect into something still very exciting. Something you'd stay up late for.

P.S. I Still Love You had me swooning, crying, and smiling. Right from the very first couple of chapters, I was already smiling and feeling great about this book. I knew I was going to enjoy it. I knew I was going to love it. Right around 80% of the book, I found myself tearing up at times. I was really rooting for my fave OTP!!

To All the Boys. . . was a real cliffhanger. When I finally got my hands on P.S. . . ., I immediately finished whatever it was I was reading just so I can get back to one of my very few fave OTPs - Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky. P.S. . .  dealt with the problems they encounter as a couple. They're in a relationship - and a real one. Peter is as sweet as before. I really LOVE how he's just this boy who tries to impress the girl he likes, tries to protect her, and at times fails at it. The way he treats Lara Jean really tells you that he's both nervous (or awkward? or was that just plain Peter trying to be sweet?) and comfortable around her.

Lara Jean's struggle really got me going as well. You can really feel it whenever she feels frustrated, scared, angry, and whatnot. I really like how Lara Jean's realizations came through. Her development was really good. She will simply be one of those heroines I will truly never forget. She's well written - her worries, the way she faces things. . .

Perhaps, my only complains for this book is that Kitty is way, waay, waaay mature for her age. What is she ten? A lot of times, it feels that she's in middlegrade, like maybe 12 or 13 (or 14 even). But then, some moments would just remind me that Kitty is really just ten. It's really crazy. Another thing is the number of things condensed in this book. I get it, there won't be a third book but really so everything was placed in here. This book tried to close everything opened up in the story - the returning boy, Josh, Lara Jean's relationship with Genevieve. . .

The ending was really beautiful - how we get there and how it was. It was sweet, simple, yet at the same time very unforgettable. Right then, I was knew that a  third book isn't going to happen.

OVERALL, P.S. I Still Love You is a really GREAT sequel. It beautifully concludes (not conclude as in ends, LOL) Lara Jean and Peter K's relationship. While I had my issues on this book, I still ended u falling in love with it! This is simply one of my favorite romance books EVER!!

*             *             *

What I Like: (1) Lara Jean && Peter K, (2) the realistic take on their relationship, (3) how Lara Jean carries herself, (4) how Peter K tries to be sweet and really be there for her, (5) the reunion of Lara Jean and Peter K's middlegrade friends, (6) how the climax was done (all things said and done), (7) the really beautiful ending

What I Didn’t Like: (1) how oddly mature Kitty is at times,



follow links:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...