WEEKEND READS | Dorothy Must Die or Glass Sword?

to hold off or to continue?
Hello,

I' not sure if I'm in a slump (but I'm guessing I'm not) or Dorothy Must Die is just not working with me. I know many of you, friends, liked it. Loved it, even. But me? Maybe I'm really just a black sheep. I really, really like this to work with me though because I LOVE the covers of the series (lol!) so I'll still read it. But I'll include another book to my current-reads :)

Why I picked up Glass Sword is just me being random. I thought that it's been staring at me from my shelf for far too long. And it's dystopian. I know it was received poorly but I have my book now so why not read it, right?
The Writer (San Juan Mysteries #1) | D.W. Ulsterman
I finished reading The Writer the other day and I thought that it was more of an 'okay' read. I wasn't completely intrigued by the mystery but it was interestig enough to keep me entertained until the end. The climax was truly thrilling. Review to come!
The White Cottage Mystery | Margery Allingham
Another Golden Age Mystery author added to my list! Now I'm really more interested to dig up this glorious moment in Mystery Novels. I'm going to read more of Margery Allingham. Read my review here!


Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) | Danielle Paige
I suck. I'm a black sheep. I need to read and familiarize myself with The Wizard of Oz. I'm around 50 pages up with this an it just isn't working for me. I'm thinking about putting this off for now and focus on Glass Sword. Suggestions?
Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone #4) | Angela Marsons
Angela Marsons is easily one of my fave crime fiction authors. I LOVE Kim Stone, I love Marson's descriptions - they are so vivid, makes my eyes widen, and they leave marks to my mind -, and I LOVE her mysteries.
Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) | Victoria Aveyard
For some reason, I'm not exactly absorbed but Aveyard's writing just makes me want to keep reading. And once again, I really hope that there's a map. I've been wishing for a map since Red Queen and I'd love to see even a simple one. Anyway, I'm thinking about continuing this one for now.

Mosquitoland | David Arnold
After everything I've read lately and reading right now, I feel that I deserve a break and read something contemporary. I feel that everything else I've read were so heavy (mystery, crime, scifi) and breaking that with a contemporary feels like a good breathe.
Gifted (the Hayven Series #1) | J.A. George
Contemporary Fantasy. I've read a review saying that it's similar to the old Disney movie Sky High. I'm curious. When I was offered for a review copy, I got interested and just grabbed it. Hope it works for me :)


*             *             *


How about you guys, what books have you recently finished? What are you reading right now? How is it, are you enjoying it? What do you plan to read next?


let's connect!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...