-blacksheep's Fall 2012 Watch List


It took me so long to finally get a chance and seriously look at the Fall 2012 line up. As expected, many shows look really interesting. I'm pretty sure most people would also be watching a handful of series this season :3

I've been quite busy during this past season and I don't really see it at anything negative since it was a pretty boring season. Despite that, I still decided to go and a watch a number of series which I have yet to finish. I've already finished Arcana Famiglia, Hyouka, TARI TARI, Kuroko no Basuke and Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Now I still have Binbougami ga!, Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai, DOG DAYS', Ebiten, Jinrui wa Suita Shimashita, Joshiraku, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Kokoro Connect, Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru! and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal to finish. Once I finished all of these series, I'll be posting my top 3 series for Summer 2012 just like before. That post will include all the series that ended together with that Summer Anime.

This Fall Season offers a lot of interesting series it's quite difficult to choose from them. I can't even believe myself that I decided to pick a lot of series as part of my 'priority watch list'. I won't have that much free time this term but I'll still do my best to watch all of the series I want to… XD

~Priority watch list...
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo
Production: Brains Base
Production:
Synopsis:
The romantic comedy centers around Shizuku Mizutani, a girl who has absolutely no interests except for school and her plans for the future. One day she delivers print-outs to the chronically absent Yoshida. After delivering the school materials to Yoshida, he believes the two of them are friends.
Haru turns out to have a very innocent personality, but who would've thought that Haru would actually confess to Shizuku? 
A cold-hearted girl and super-troublemaker romance with a fresh new perspective. 
Why I'll Watch:

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Romance, Comedy, School
Production: Kyoto Animation
Synopsis:
Yuuta Togashi suffered from chuunibyou while he was in middle school. When he graduated, he put that dark history behind him and forgot about it... or he was supposed to. High school was smooth sailing and full of enjoyment - until the unavoidable, sad event occurs. The event that locks Yuuta into a contract with Rikka Takanashi and disrupts his desperately ordinary life.
Why I'll Watch:
  • I'm not the biggest fan of KyoAni but I got the feeling that I need to watch this :3
  • The intriguing PV was just so inviting and that promo poster had me going. LOL.
  • Amazing KyoAni director, Ishihara Tatsuya will be working on this. He's the guy responsible for making me cry at CLANNAD which has the same genre as this new series minus the drama.I've read in a forum that this will be like Another meets K-ON! series. How that will happen, I'm pretty curious.
  • AND hey, this series is headed by Uchida Maaya (Sanka Rea) and Fukuyama Jun (Kishitani Shinra, Shimao Atsushi).

Zetsuen no Tempest [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Mystery, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Psychological
Production: Bones
Synopsis:
The story revolves around Mahiro Fuwa, a teenager whose family was mysteriously murdered one year before and his friend Yoshino Takigawa. Mahiro is contacted by Hakase Kusaribe, the leader of the Kusaribe clan who was left stranded on an unknown desert island by her followers, and agrees to help Hakase in exchange of her help to find out the culprit for the death of his family. Upon learining of his friend's intentions, Yoshino joins him on his quest to stand against the Kusaribe clan who intends to awake the "Tree of Zetsuen" whose power can bring ruin to the entire world.
Several dialogues and plot elements in Zetsuen no Tempest pay homage to the works of William Shakespeare.
Why I'll Watch:

PSYCHO-PASS [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi
Production: Production I.G.
Synopsis:
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
Why I'll Watch:

ROBOTICS;NOTES [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Sci-Fi
Production: Production I.G.
Synopsis:
2019, Divergence Ratio 1.048596. The near future, where a device popularly called the PokeCom, packaged with PhoneDroid OS, spreads, bringing the Augmented Reality world close to existence. 
Chuuoutanegashima High School's Robot Research Club is in danger of losing its club status. Kaito Yashio, one of only two members, is only obsessed with robot fighting games, showing no interest in the Robo Club even in this situation. The reckless, useless club head, Akiho Senomiya, aims to complete a giant robot, struggling hard to avoid losing the club's status. 
Why I'll Watch:
  • The number one reason I wanted to watch this was because of Nitro+'s other series: ChƤoS;HEAd and Steins;Gate.
  • Watching the PV somehow disappointed me because it shows typical series and no suspense, dark-side or such which was what I am looking forward to but still I'd like to see how it'll go.
  • Abo Takeshi is doing the music!! I'll be looking forward to the soundtrack :3

Bakuman. 3 [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Shounen
Production: J.C. Staff
Synopsis:
Bakuman. Is basically about Mashiro Moritaka and Takagi Akito's dream of becoming Shounen JACK's number one mangaka. Along with this dream is Mashiro and Azuki Miho's promise to each other - Miho becoming the seiyu of Mashiro's manga's heroine. Once this promise is fulfilled, the two of them will marry each other.
This third season of Bakuman. will be focusing on Ashirogi Mutou's 3rd manga PCP. This season might show the new problems that Ashirogi Mutou will encounter in this new serialization, more rivalries and an exciting new character (as shown in the preview last season). With the manga finally ended, this season could or could not conclude the series.
Why I'll Watch:
  • I loved the first and second seasons. I love the manga. No need for further explanation. This is the series I'm looking forward to the most :3
  • && I'm ready to hear more of Niizuma Eiji (Okamoto Nobuhiko)!!

Little Busters! [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School
Production: J.C. Staff
Synopsis:
Riki was a child when his parents died, leaving him hopeless and depressed. What saved him was a group of four kids calling themselves the Little Busters. They took Riki out and played with him during his time of need. He really enjoyed being together with them, and his grief gradually faded away. Now in his second year of high school they still hang out, fight and live together, and enjoy their school life.
Why I'll Watch:
  • The number one reason I'm watching this is because it's a Key series. I don't really want to think about those people complaining that J.C. Staff is handling it or what.
  • It's really great to see another of Jun Maeda's (Angel Beats!, CLANNAD) work getting animated. I'm really looking forward for this series to be very heartwarming(:

Sukitte Ii na yo. [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Romance, School, Shoujo
Production: Zexcs
Synopsis:
Mei Tachibana has spent her 16 years without a boyfriend or friends. One day, she injures the most popular boy in school, Yamato Kurosawa, due to a misunderstanding. For some reason though, it seems that he takes a liking to her and one-sidedly claims that they're friends. Furthermore, he not only protects Mei from a stalker, but does so with a kiss…?!! 
Why I'll Watch:
  • Typical shoujo will always be good to watch (or so I think). The synopsis somehow reminded me of Kimi ni Todoke minus the injure-thing and the kiss :3
  • I'm a fan of romance anime so there's no way I'm letting this one pass. This is another chance for me to see another very imaginary type of guy. A guy probably so romantic you'll never see one in reality. LOL.
  • This could be my first time hearing Sakurai Takahiro play a heroic-sweet guy :3 Must not let it pass.

~And the rest goes here...
Genres: Action, Adventure Fantasy, Shounen
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Synopsis:
This story is about the flow of fate and the battle to keep the world on the right path. Aladdin is a boy who has set out to explore the world after being trapped in a room for most of his life. His best friend is a flute with a djinn in it named Ugo. Soon enough, Aladdin discovers he is a Magi, a magician who chooses kings, and he was born to choose kings who will follow the righteous path, battling against those who want to destroy fate. Follow his adventures as he meets others from 1000 Arabian Nights, like Ali Baba and Sinbad, and fights to keep the balance of world in check!
Why I'll Watch:
  • The synopsis definitely screams long running but I don't really mind as long as it doesn't last a life time (LOL). Anyway, the story gives off a pretty interesting premise. It's not everyday that we'll get to see a classic literature get turned into an anime :3
  • A-1 Pictures is a pretty good production anime and looking at the shounen series that they have animated (Ao no Exorcist, Fairy Tail) I'd say that Magi will definitely look good.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Game, Shounen
Production: GALLOP, NAS
Synopsis:
As the curtain closes on the World Duel Carnival in the first series, the new story begins in the now peaceful Heartland City. However, the envoys of Valian, a world hostile to the Astral World, have one more proverbial card up their sleeves. To face this threat, Yūma, Astral, Kaito, and Ryōga put aside their rivalries to join forces.
Why I'll Watch:
  • The only reason I'm sticking to this series is because it’s a sequel and it's part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.
  • I'm not expecting so much improvement from this series but I'm hoping that the duels will get better. Although I have to admit that the recent duels (semi-finals of the World Duel Carnival) were somehow good.
  • The PV I saw hints out that there would be an xyz monster level up. Of course that's to be expected but from the PV, I'm betting that this season will be better.
  • Not really a reason but an up for the series. I can't believe that vistlip is doing the ED. I've first heard them from 5D's and I'm really glad to see them back and sing their second anime single for another Yu-Gi-Oh! series :3

Ixion Saga DT [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Fantasy
Production: Brains Base
Synopsis:
The game and anime follow Kon Hokaze, a boy who embarks on a journey from our world to an alternate world known as Mira, which is full a mysterious energy known as Alma. After saving Princess Ecarlate from attackers, he soon finds himself in the middle of a struggle around Alma.
Why I'll Watch:
  • I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre but trying out something new is a pretty good change of phase. The synopsis doesn't sound so bad. In fact it seems generic, it makes me feel that it's safe to watch.
  • Brains Base, as I have mentioned earlier, is a pretty good production company. I won't easily say that this series will be amazing but at the very least, I'm expecting this to be decent.
  • The cast seem pretty good. Seeing Kamiya Hiroshi (Araragi Koyomi, Erde Tieria) as a main character boosts my reasons for watching since I really missed him this summer season. Looking further, it seems that Suzumura Kenichi (Tanaka Yoshitake, Okita Sougo) and Sugita Tomokazu (Pace, Tabata Hidenori) are included as well :D
  • Add to that the idea that Takamatsu Shinji (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Gintama) will be directing this series. I'm expecting comedy :3

Kamisama Hajimemashita [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Shoujo, Supernatural
Production: TMS Entertainment
Synopsis:
Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers her his home, she jumps at the opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine, and Nanami has unwittingly taken over his job as a local deity! 
Nanami has all kinda of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's... actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?
Why I'll Watch:
  • It's a shoujo series. That's got to be the main reason I'm watching this :3
  • Seeing that director Daichi Akitarou is the guy that also directed Bokura ga Ita is an interested plus to the series. It's one of those few romance anime that I find pretty good(:
  • When I saw the promo poster and saw a dog-eared character, I was like: Inu x Boku SS!! LOL. I'm pretty sure that they are entirely different based on the synopsis but there are very little resemblances.
  • Okamoto Nobuhiko (Otonashi Io, Kido Kenji) is part of the cast!! His character seems to be a member of Momozono Nanami's (Mimori Suzuko) reverse harem :3 Nice!

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanajo [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, School, Romance
Production: J.C. Staff
Synopsis:
The school romantic comedy revolves around a second-year high school student named Sorata Kanda who lives in Sakurasou, the dormitory for problem children at Sorata's school. One day, Mashiro Shiina —a cute girl who happens to be also a cosmopolitan, brilliant artist— moves into Sakurasou. 
Sorata thinks to himself that he should protect Mashiro from the weirdos at Sakurasou, but Mashiro has a surprising secret: she has no idea how to take care of herself. She gets lost if she goes out, and her room is a complete mess. Sorata's dorm mates designate him as the "master" of Mashiro, and thus, an ordinary boy and a brilliant girl must live like "a master and his pet." 
Why I'll Watch:
  • Master and pet relationship. Not my favorite style but it's a rom-com. It's no doubt I'll watch this :D
  • It's a J.C. Staff series, for some reasons I just randomly watch anything that J.C. Staff produces. Although this is the 3rd series I'm watching from them this season, I'm hoping that at the very least it'll be decent. Unlike their recent series Arcana Famiglia.
  • The series composition is handled by Okada Mari who also worked on Toradora!, AKB0048, GOSICK and other more series. She has also written scripts for several great series such as Hourou Musuko and Vampire Knight. She'll also be working on BONES's Zetsuen no Tempest this coming season.


Girls und Panzer [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Historical, Romance
Production: Actas
Synopsis:
In the world, the manipulation of tanks (Sensha-do) is one of the traditional martial arts especially for girls. Miho doesn't like Sensha-do and moves to Oarai Girl's High School. But the chairperson of the student council orders Miho to participate in the national Sensha-do championship.
Why I'll Watch:
  • No particular reason. Really.
  • When I saw this series, I was immediately reminded of Upotte!! From Spring season (I think) which I never really get to watch (although I do have a copy of it :3)



Jormungand: Perfect Order [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Adventure, Seinen
Production: WHITE FOX
Synopsis:
Second season of Jormungand.
The series follows Koko Hekmatyar, a young arms dealer who sells weapons under HCLI, an international shipping corporation that secretly deals in the arms trade. As one of the company's unofficial weapon dealers, she secretly sells weapons in many countries while avoiding the local authorities and law enforcement agencies as most of her work is actually illegal under international law. Traveling with her is her team of bodyguards who are mostly composed of ex-military veterans. Her latest addition to her crew is Jonah, a seemingly emotionless child soldier who is skilled in combat yet ironically hates arms dealers. Jonah joins Koko as he wishes to find the arms dealer responsible for his family's death. What follows is Koko and her crew's escapades around the world.
Why I'll Watch:
  • It's a sequel. The first season was pretty good and I like the action and gun fights. They may have been labeled as very impossible gun and action scenes but I guess that's what makes Jormungand a pretty interesting action series.

Gintama 2012 [MyAnimeList | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Comedy, Historical, Parody, Samurai, Sci-Fi, Shounen
Production: Sunrise
Synopsis:
Sakata Gintoki, Kagura, and Shinpachi Shimura continue to scrape a living as freelance jack-of-all-trades at Edo while amidst the several odd humans and aliens that inhabit the peculiar metropolis.
This season of Gintama will mostly be a rerun of the last two seasons with an additional new episode(s).
Why I'll Watch:
  • Although I haven't finished the second season of Gintama, I'm really into watching this one :3 The comedy, the parody and the Shinsengumi is all I need in this series. XD
  • I'm pretty curious of the additional episodes. I wonder if they’ll be shown in between of rerun episodes or after the good rerun episodes are shown. If they'll be shown in between, I bet they are original/off-the-manga episodes. They might or might not be good. What sunrise is doing here is a pretty interesting gamble.

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Psychological, Seinen
Production: Madhouse
Synopsis:
The story centers around RyÅ«ta Sakamoto, a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young man and a top-ranked player in the online combat game Btoom! One day, he wakes up on a tropical island without remembering how he got there. He sees a figure in the distance and asks for help. However, the figure responds by throwing something at RyÅ«ta — a "BIM" bomb. In that moment, RyÅ«ta comes to realize two things: one, his own life is in danger, and two, he is now in the world of Btoom!
Why I'll Watch:

Genre: Action, Supernatural
Production:  GoHands
Synopsis:
Original TV anime by Studio GoHands and an "innovative creator group" which includes producer Go Nakanishi.
This series seems to be the most mysterious anime that will be shown this season. Although this seems to be connected to the manga K: Memory of Red (or so I think), it still  doesn't give enough information as to where this series will revolve. Despite the possible connection, I believe that they do not have direct connection with regards to the story at least based on the PV.
Why I'll Watch:

Shin Sekai Yori [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Sci-Fi, Supernatural
Production: A-1 Pictures
Synopsis:
About one thousand years into the future, civilization has been retrograded and humans are living dispersed within small communities. People in this era have a psychic power called "Juryoku" which materializes things they imagine. In the absence of advanced scientific technology, people are using this power as a major source of energy.
One day, a girl called Saki, along with her friends, finds a small archive robot outside the town. It records the ancient history of humans. It tells them that Juryoku was found in the 21st century and the discovery caused a world war between psychics and non-psychics. The psychics won this war and thus their reign of terror began. 
When the adults in town figure out that the children discovered this forbidden knowledge, they seal their Juryoku and exile them. Saki and the others end up in a forest where they meet a huge hairless bipedal mouse known as a "Bakenezumi" and get involved in a violent war the creatures are currently engaged in.
Why I'll Watch:
  • Not really the most interesting synopsis out there but I have a feeling that depending on how this will be done, it can be outstanding.
  • A-1 Pictures is working on this series.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Comedy, Romance, Harem
Production: Silver Link
Synopsis:
Himenokouji twins Akito and Akiko have finally reunited with each other after separation due to the death of their parents. After six years of living apart they suddenly began to live under the same roof due to Akito's desire to live as a family unit once more. Things were fine at first until Akiko began to express her incestuous love for her older brother, who only sees her as a little sister. 
Why I'll Watch:
  • I don't really have any particular reason for watching this series. Really. You could say it's more of a variation or wanting to try almost everything that's being offered.
  • It's Ohsaka Ryota's (Katou Kiri, Sanada Yuki) first harem series. LOL. No. Not really a good reason.
  • Ah~  this is from the director of SKET Dance, Kawaguchi Keiichirou. I have a feeling that this will be a mixture of highs and lows. And seeing that this series will be brought to us by Silver Link, I'd like to look at this series positively since these last two seasons, they have given us some pretty nice series: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia and Kokoro Connect.

CODE:BREAKER [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Comedy, School, Shounen, Super Power, Supernatural
Production: Kinema Citrus
Synopsis:
Riding the bus one day, Sakurakouji Sakura looks out the window to see people being burned alive with a blue fire and a boy her age who's unharmed and standing over the people.
She comes back to the site the next day and there are no corpses or evidence of any kind of murder, just a small fire. She then goes to class to find there's a new transfer student, Oogami Rei, who looks exactly like the boy she saw before and wears a black glove only on his left hand.
Oogami is a Code Breaker, one who "does not exist". He is a seemingly cold-blooded killer who follows the principle of "an eye for an eye", to "use evil against evil". Convinced that killing is not right, Sakurakouji sets out to stop him and penetrate his icy heart. 
Why I'll Watch:

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de [MyAnimeList | ANN | Official Website]
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Parody, Shounen
Production: 5th Avenue
Synopsis:
Segua Kingdom has been losing the war against Ninterdo Empire but the tables are turned by the appearance of a boy called Gear. All the characters are parodies of Nintendo or Sega games such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda etc. 
Why I'll Watch:

Overall Impression
I'd say that this series seems to be looking good as I expected. Comparing this to the series in the Summer Season, I'd say that I have more series on my priority watch list this time. And no, I didn't chose them out of mediocre reasons. I'm watching them because I really like them. The series I'm looking forward to the most has got to be Bakuman. 3 for very obvious reasons. The next one has got to be Zetsuen no Tempest because I like the feel of it and the Shakespeare-based idea. I'm pretty curious at how it'll go.
Also, I really like how a number of good seiyuu are in it for this season. I like how Sawashiro Miyuki probably got the most number of roles this season (I'm not really counting. Just guessing right after writing this list). If we have Sawashiro taking a lot of roles, I'm thinking that Okamoto Nobuhiko and Sakurai Takahiro are hermale counterpart (I didn't count but when I proofread, I think there were a number of times I read their names). Also I'm a little disappointed at how Miyano Mamoru doesn't have any major roles. Must be busy. BUT on the other side of things, I'm glad to see Kamiya Hiroshi having a main character role because I never get to hear him in anything new this summer season.
Finally is it just me or is P.A. Works is MIA this coming season? I wonder if they're going to work on something big. Oh well. I'm not really looking forward to them this time since TARI TARI had somehow disappointed me.

Blogging Plans
Since I've been pretty busy lately, I'd like to try and lay down a bit. I plan to only pick up 2 more series this season: Bakuman. 3 and Sukitte Ii na yo.. In addition to that, I still have Sword Art Online from this summer and Kokoro Connect which will run for another month. I know that there are a lot of really interesting series but I'm really choosing which series to blog carefully since I find that the other series I really like should be taken carefully and I don't have the time to do so. Although I'd like to see how Zetsuen no Tempest will turn out and I might just pick that one up. As for my usual slice of life, I have Bakuman. 3 with me. I'd like to write about this season carefully. I won't refer to much on the manga since I honestly can't remember details. I'm definitely focusing more on the anime rather than thinking about the manga(: On a final note, as usual, I'll do my best to post as much first impression as I can but I'll still do a post with some quick impression on everything :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...